Kids, join Hope Springs for a fun-filled, educational week-long or single-day Horse Camp!
Week-long Summer Camps offer school-age kids with disabilities a chance to connect with a very special therapeutic partner: their horse. With the help of specially-trained instructors and caring volunteers, campers learn to groom, tack, and ride their horses. Campers participate in many fun activities such as trail riding, scavenger hunts and a show in which they demonstrate new skills to friends and family. Campers improve their balance, coordination, strength and endurance; gain self-confidence and self-esteem; and forge new friendships with fellow campers.
Each camp includes our unique curriculum "The Journey of the Spirit Horse" -- an opportunity for children to learn in an innovative, creative environment based on the use of horses throughout history.
Campers improve communication and fine motor skills through arts and crafts, listening to and writing stories about horses and the children who love them, and playing horse-themed games. They enhance life skills by learning about respect for nature, trust, friendship and sportsmanship.
Our Saturday and Holiday mini-camps are single-day sessions designed to introduce children to therapeutic riding and related educational activities. Holiday camps, offered during December school vacation, even allow children with disabilities to participate along with their siblings and friends.
To ensure that everyone receives individualized attention, camp sessions are limited to 6 campers. Each camp day starts at 9 am (10 am in the winter) and ends at 1 pm after a bring-your-own lunch. No horse experience needed; helmets and safety instruction provided.
Horse Camp Registration
- Reserve horse camp date(s) for your child by paying a 25% deposit at least one week in advance. Deposits can be paid by on-line or mailed with your Sign-Up Form.
- Complete this Horse Camp Sign-Up Form for each child and send it to us or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our staff reviews each Sign-Up Form and will contact you to CONFIRM that your child has been registered for camp(s).
- The remaining 75% balance due must be paid by check or cash when your child arrives on the first morning of camp.
IMPORTANT: Reserved camp date(s) are NOT confirmed until you are contacted by Hope Springs. Once a reserved date has been confirmed, deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Reserve Horse Camp Date(s) Online
- Each Horse Camp is limited to 6 children, so don't wait! Reserve your camp date(s) here today.
- Use the form below to add an available camp date to your shopping cart.
- Continue shopping to reserve additional dates or the same date for more than one child.
- When done, use PayPal to pay your non-refundable 25% deposit by credit card.